Updated for Summer Camp 2017 (South Wales)
All personal kit to be packed in a rucksack or some other soft bag. Label EVERYTHING! Please mark all kit clearly.
Scouts get an extra 10% off at GoOutdoors. Click here to print your voucher
- Packed lunch and drink for the journey out to camp.
- Sandals or other shoes that can get wet for canyoning
- Hiking boots or strong shoes for day-hike.
- Sleeping bag
- Blanket (optional)
- Sleeping mat (the tents are not large enough for air beds)
- Waterproof trousers and jacket with hood
- 3 Complete sets of clothes
- Footwear (trainers are adequate but may get wet and muddy)
- Thick socks or 2 pairs of thin socks.
- Underwear (one set per day)
- Warm trousers (NOT jeans)
- Thick jumper or fleece
- Swimming trunks
- Wash kit – toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, flannel.
Plate, bowl, cup (unbreakable) Knife, fork, spoon.
- Tea towel
- Torch with spare batteries.
- Bin Liner (for wet kit)
- Sun cream and any medicines needed.
- Insect repellent
- A small amount of money to spend during trips.
- Small-ish backpack and drinks bottle to carry lunch and drink while hiking and day trips.
- Medication (Hand in on arrival)
- Woollen hat
- Warm gloves
Compass, if you have one
- Camp chair
Please Leave at Home
Phones, electronic items, and anything easily breakable.
Don’t bring sweets or chocolate. There will be lots of food and snacks available at the camp, and we don’t want to attract rats or insects into the tents, Also, Scouts don’t sleep if they have too much sugar, and we have had cases of sickness in the past caused by bingeing on chocolate.
Scouts – please pack the bag yourself, so that you know where everything is!