With an unbroken history spanning more than a century, the 2nd Southampton Scout Group can truly be described as second to none.
It is a proud and distinguished history – unrivalled by any other city troop – which goes back to nearly as far as Baden Powell’s first historic camp on Brownsea Island.
Follow the links below to discover more.
- 1910-2000’s: Photo Galleries
- 1908-1979: A Short History of the Group
- 1916: The sinking of the Hospital Ship Britannic
- 1914-1918: Scouts during World War 1
- 1920’s: Troop Magazines
- 1922: Memories of Scouting
- 1950’s: Memories of Scouting
- 1955: Snapshot of Southampton Scouting
- 1980’s: Southampton Scouting
- 1980’s: Summer Camp videos
- 1990’s Summer Camp videos
- Arthur Dawkins (Scout Master until 1950’s)
- More (Various documents on local Scouting)
Have you been part of the group and have a story to tell? We’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch and let us know.